Last year I underwent a six month shopping fast. I didn’t buy anything for my wardrobe between the start of July and end of December.
When I started it, I did so for two reasons.
- I was at the end of my shopping budget.
- I wanted to enjoy the freedom of not shopping.
This is the second shopping fast I have completed. Taking a periodic break from shopping is an excellent idea. Below I have listed some of the benefits from not shopping over an extended period of time.
- You have time to identify your true style.
- You develop more mindful shopping behaviours.
- You learn to appreciate what you already have.
- You save some money.
- You focus less on the superficial.
- You get more free time in your life.
In the video below I discuss my shopping fast in more detail. Check out my YouTube channel for new videos about minimalism every week. Follow me on Instagram, where I record my minimalist outfits. Check me out on Facebook for resources and updates. I also have a Patreon account, where for a small donation you can view additional content. This week’s Patreon post is about minimalism and goal setting.
I would also like to add that I’m planning on doing a Q&A video in the next month or so, so please feel free to ask me any questions you want to! ❤